Main Menu

You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Night shift work can raise risk of diabetes, obesity

Started by skb, May 13, 2024, 11:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

QuoteJust a few days on a night shift schedule throws off protein rhythms related to blood glucose regulation, energy metabolism and inflammation, processes that can influence the development of chronic metabolic conditions.

The finding, from a study led by scientists at Washington State University and the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, provides new clues as to why night shift workers are more prone to diabetes, obesity and other metabolic disorders.

Read More ...
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

walkerwally1

Well I never worked a night shift and now it is not an issue.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 4.8%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

I did work graveyard shift for a couple of years when I lived in CA. I was a night owl in those days and it was a perfect fit. I was night desk at Murphy's Inn in Murphy's CA. Those hours were pretty quiet except for a few disturbances that required sheriff intervention. I doubt that short period of time could have had any adverse effects as I was already staying up until 2-3am as a general rule. But who knows if my "normal" habit could have been a problem? At any rate it was at least 25 years ago.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/2012  5.7%.  A1c 4% club 7/2013 to 12/2016.
12-2016 5.1%.   6/18 5.3%.   6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%.  7/23 6%.
Off meds 3/2015, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

When I finished school, I opted out of a vacation and took a job instead. This was as a counter sales person in the Duty Free complex of the Airport. Nights were the busiest time of the day and I did do many of the night shifts, but then I was only 16 at the time.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH