Main Menu

You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

T-slim charging

Started by Tamagno, July 08, 2019, 07:38:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

An issue with charging T-Slim pumps is they're rarely disconnected long enough to fully charge the battery.

I've gotten a small charger (the sort generally used for phones) and simply plug it into the pump while it's still in use. Charging is pretty fast, uses little of the charger's battery and saves having to suspend insulin while charging the pump. These devices abound and are small and cheap. Well worth the minimal investment.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

I have the original Tslim which I usually charge while I'm in the shower every morning.  However, I do have an external power source for charging, if necessary, whilst I'm away from home.  Are you allowed to say what kind of device you favor for charging?
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

Javar

I won't say that I wouldn't use one of these but would rather not if it wasn't necessary. The issue with one of these would be applying to much current and over charging it, if the output amperage were compatible I would see no reason not to if necessary.
https://www.wubmed.org/blog/blood-sugar-premier-formula-reviews/
I see myself trying to charge as the pump instructions call for and I want to know how big a hassle it would be.

I googled the subject after I posted it, and from a glance it appears that lots of users are doing it... not sure how that might affect warranty... that wouldn't have occurred to me to consider.

skb

Javar,

I have removed the link from your post as we do not permit any marketing on this forum.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH