Main Menu

You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Smart Insulin

Started by skb, May 18, 2019, 11:49:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

The UCLA is working on a smart insulin known as i-insulin, which is responsive to the glucose levels in the body, thereby reducing the chances of hypoglycemic events.

QuoteInside the body, insulin acts as a "key" to help glucose get into cells from the bloodstream. When insulin attaches to a cell's surface, it activates a protein inside the cell, called glucose transporter, which then makes its way to the cell's surface. This molecule then brings the surrounding glucose from the blood into the cell.

The research team added an additional molecule to insulin to create the new smart insulin. This added molecule, called a glucose transporter inhibitor, chemically blocks the glucose transporter molecule that has come to the surface. Its presence doesn't block all glucose from entering, nor does it permanently block the transporter molecules. Instead, it's part of a dynamic process that depends on how many inhibitor and glucose molecules are present.

Article
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Javar

Thanks for the info!
That is something i was looking for to read all last week.
Also i would suggest you to take a look at https://whatroseknows.com/grsultra-reviews/ which will help you a lot.