Main Menu

You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

T1 - likely not one disease

Started by skb, October 27, 2021, 11:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

QuoteNew findings from the international The Environmental Determinants of Diabetes in the Young (TEDDY) study add to the growing body of evidence indicating that type 1 diabetes is not a single disease. The presentation and, perhaps, cause of autoimmune diabetes differs among genetically high-risk children, the research suggests.

Article
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Grammabear

It has been my experience that people who have Type 1 diabetes often have more than one autoimmune disease.  My daughter-in-law who is a Type 2 diabetic, also has multiple autoimmune diseases.  There is much to be learned yet about this disease.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

skb

Quote from: Grammabear on October 28, 2021, 09:56:42 AMIt has been my experience that people who have Type 1 diabetes often have more than one autoimmune disease.  My daughter-in-law who is a Type 2 diabetic, also has multiple autoimmune diseases.  There is much to be learned yet about this disease.

That is true. I'm T2 with Hashimoto's. This article says that T1 striking before the age of 6 is a different one compared to T1 striking after 6. Mind you they are not talking about LADA here.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH