Main Menu

You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Exercise / Workout / Activity

Started by skb, December 31, 2019, 11:00:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

Well I am not going to pay attention to the number of steps for exercise right now.  I am trying to improve my walking without using any support from the walker or cane although I carry the cane if needed to prevent any stumble but so far I haven't needed it but it is kind of a security blanket I guess.  I watched a couple of videos on exercises for seniors to strengthen the muscles in your legs to improve walking and balance so I decided to try that.  One exercise is to get up from a sitting position in a chair to a standing position at first using your hands to help if needed, I needed, and do several of those until you feel you are exercising the leg muscles but before you feel pain then do that about 3 times a day and rest the next day.  Well, I did the first sets and that was all I could do but maybe if I do this for a few days I will see improvement.  I was really sore after I tried this but so far today not so much. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 4.8%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

6,083 steps yesterday.

After dentist appointment walked around the Mall a little but had no energy to actually shop. Stopped at the grocery store on the way home for more soft foods as I think this "getting use to it" time is going to be longer than I had anticipated.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/2012  5.7%.  A1c 4% club 7/2013 to 12/2016.
12-2016 5.1%.   6/18 5.3%.   6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%.  7/23 6%.
Off meds 3/2015, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

walkerwally1

Still sore from my standing "exercises" and it may take me more than one day to get over it but I will see how it goes today.  I would really like to be able to walk unaided and for longer distances and if doing some exercises helps that would be great. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 4.8%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"